With support from the Vice Provost for Global Engagement and Interdisciplinary Academic Affairs, the Virtual Exchange Initiative provides mentorship, information and financial resources, and practical instructional design and technical support for connecting students with international partners within their regular coursework.
Through the associated Community of Practice, we provide the framework through which current and future practitioners of Virtual Exchange can connect to develop new courses, learn new techniques, and receive guidance and training on how to design and implement effective and engaging global experiences for U-M students.
In online forums and in face-to-face gatherings, you can:
- find inspiration
- get answers to your questions
- explore the theory and practice of Virtual Exchange
- receive training in the design and execution of a Virtual Exchange course
- seek out an international partner
- develop and implement an idea with the mentorship and support of experienced staff and faculty
- connect with sources of funding
The MISSION of the U-M Virtual Exchange Initiative
The Virtual Exchange Initiative and its associated Community of Practice exist to support faculty, staff, and students within the University of Michigan system who seek to create engaging global experiences with international partners the the context of regular for-credit courses.
Contact the team here.