Through this Community of Practice and in this web site, you will find resources that will help you discover how to connect your course or extracurricular experience with a foreign partner. Regardless of how far along in this process you are, you will find mentorship, support, and funding sources as you explore ways to construct a learning experience that will expand your students’ horizons.
Things to remember:
- All subject areas are welcome!
- You do not need to have an idea for an exchange already.
- You do not need to have prior experience in working with foreign partners.
- You do not need to have a partner in mind.
- Teaching faculty of all ranks and types of appointments are welcome, as are the staff who support them.
- While this initiative lives at LSA, participation is encouraged from all units on all three U-M campuses – Flint, Dearborn, and Ann Arbor.
What you may expect:
- Mentorship from faculty experienced in Virtual Exchange (VE)
- Guidance and support from staff with extensive VE experience
- Assistance in navigating funding sources for shared courses or engaged experiences
- Resources from which you can learn more about VE
- A login-protected discussion forum
- Access to VE Community of Practice (CoP) meetings on focused topics